View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #68
Terry, NJ

Default Re: New guy with a crusty, rusty, 1930 A

Very Simple! It got that way because of MOISTURE! Moisture is everywhere and it gets into everything and it's deadly on iron and aluminum. Taking it apart is not so bad, not protecting from the moisture is the real problem. And a building that has dirt floors, doesn't need holes in the roof. Laying a piece of vapor barrier and
pushing the car onto it would probably save some of it. But that's too much trouble! Oiling the block and parts will save a lot of damage, but again, too much trouble! Years ago, I had a friend who parked a 1964 Stude Avanti out side with NO protection. Another friend was looking for an Avanti and was all pysched up when I told him about it. He went down and looked at it and it was one of the big dissappointments of his career. The whole underside of the car needed to be replaced $4000 + for parts alone, labor? Go figure! All because there was NO protection!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GTTT View Post
I wish I knew how this car got to be in this condition. I don't know if they are yet. There's so many parts of god knows what in there- I don't know what's for the car and what isn't. I'm overwhelmed lol.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote