View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #38
DirtyDan

Default Re: ~~DirtyDan's 1936 Ford Coupe Project - Build Pictures~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
The blue is beautiful. Did they happen to come up with a paint code on it or just play with it till they got a match? I would love to know a code for that color.

Thanks
Jim, I took my glove box lid in and they did a photo match. It is close but not perfect. It is supposed to be Washington Blue, but it looks like it has a bit of purple in it.

Here is a scan of the label from the can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
Dan, beautiful car! Am doing something similar, I have a '36 Tudor that will have an 8BA but a 4 speed top loader. Could you give me a little detail as to how you got the T-5 tail shaft to fit thru the center cross member? In the photos it looks like you retained the stock cross braces going to the center section. I thought these would be removed if you replace the entire cross member & replaced with something else. I see CE offers a kit to replace cross member but looks like would be very difficult to do with the body on or without cutting the floor. Were you able to do this without removing the body?
I removed the entire crossmember. I used a plasma cutter to remove it. I used a Pete & Jakes split kit, and modified the plate to extend further down and support the center of the crossmember. My dad's car is using the CE kit with the top support, but his body is removed. I would like to add some support to the top eventually, but you are right, its tough to do with the body on.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote