View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #31
DirtyDan

Default Re: ~~DirtyDan's 1936 Ford Coupe Project - Build Pictures~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by a banger View Post
Nice job Dan, good looking 36. I'm curious about your rear end set up and what if any adapters were used to run the 40 wheels. I'm doing a 36 2-dr and wanting the same look.
Thanks'
Thanks for the complements. There are no adapters needed to run the wheels on the early Bronco rear end. It is one of the reasons I chose it. It has a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and the wheels bolt right on. The width is right on for the car as well. I had to change the spring perches of course, but that was pretty simple.

I've done some work to the car since this was posted. I lowered the rear end a bit and added some 1940 Ford accessory inner trim rings to the wheels. I also moved the rear bumper in with some shorter bumper brackets, since it was way out there with the spare tire removed.

The car is currently at the upholstery shop getting a complete new interior. I'll post some updated pics when it gets back in a few weeks. I should have the grille changed by then as well. I picked up a original chrome grille to replace the poor fitting aftermarket unit.

DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote