View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
ABento

Default Timing problem on B

Still working on the canopy express BB, I haven't been happy with the way it runs, the timing has been giving me fits, so I bought the Nu-Rex timing wrench thinking I was too stupid to time it with out, it ran worse so now I'm digging into it and the dist plate has had the slot for the advance modified it now has an added slot extension towards the drivers side of the dist, I've set timing to the center of the orginal part of the slot and it runs poorly, so on a guess I checked TDC, now if I understand correctly once you set it to TDC with the piston you would roll the engine the 19 degrees for the timing pin to fall into place, not on this motor, you have to back the crank up about 10 degrees to get the pin to fall into place, this is where I'm lost, some more, I'm thinking that someone put this engine together incorrectly, if so what kind of pain in the neck is it to set the cam and crank gear correct, can I do it in the truck by raising the front, or does this need to be pulled out.

Thanks

Aaron
ABento is offline   Reply With Quote