View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #41
davidgrant

Default Re: 1932 Ford Deluxe 3W, Murray Body # informal registry, how many are still around?

Randy,

This is a great idea. I have owned two '32 3 windows, actually the first was just the body with no other parts, not even the wood or door jamb tin. It was missing the doors and had a gutted deck lid. I believe it was a trunk car. I paid $150 in 1974 and sold it in 1975 for $350.00. It was a beautiful body with the floor intact , no rust and unchopped. I do not remember it having a body tag. My second '32 window I purchased in 1993 for $2,500 and it was an ex-race car. No floor, so no body tag either, gutted doors and no deck lid. My old boss from 1973 found it in the early '80s and he traded off for bodywork on another project to an old body man. As a matter of fact, I worked with this same body man when I was in high school in the mid '70s. I worked with him again at a different shop in the late '80s. That is when I learned the body man had the 3 window body sitting in his backyard and the recent history. Everyone in the shop tried to buy the body, but in 1993 I prevailed and brought it home. It has a trunk and it is now sitting on a Pete Eastwood chassis in my garage. If I can figure out how to post photos I will send some over in the next day or so. I have found a right door to repair mine. I still need an original left door inner panel to repair the other door. I could also use some original garnish moldings. These '32 Fords are very cool and we sure had a lot of them at Deuce Week at the Petersen Museum March 3rd.
davidgrant is offline   Reply With Quote