View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 01:26 AM   #165
tomcarman

Default Re: 1932 Ford Deluxe 3W Coupe, Murray Body # informal registry,how many are still aro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
The 1932 Ford Book by David Rehor shows the total 1932 Ford Deluxe 3W Coupe production at 23,411. All 3W Coupe bodies were manufactured by either Murray Corporation of America in Detroit, or Canadian Top & Body Corporation, Ltd, in Tilbury, Ontario.

Along with some other body types that were manufactured or assembled outside of Ford, the 3W Coupes had a tag riveted to the RH side of the front floor crossbrace of 3W coupe bodies.

I'm curious how many original 3W Coupes and the tag #'s can be accounted for and how they correspond with the month of production according to the frame number.

I'll start things off with mine. I have no idea if my car is on the original frame, but my frame # shows to be an October production car and the Murray Corporation body tag number is 7538.

Even if your body tag is missing or illegible, chime in if you have a '32 3W body that was manufactured by Ford. Let's see how many we can account for. Pictures would be a bonus!

I've been interested in this thread but have never really read it. Our 3W has been in the family since circa 1961. The old picture is of my Aunt and Uncle shortly after they got the car. The new picture was taken today, 5/20/2022. I assume you mean the body tag is on the interior side of the floor so I went and looked. Two obstacles were does the seat need to be removed to access it and sometime in the mid '80's before he died my Uncle had the car gone completely through and painted and upholstered. The carpet was glued to the floor and without damaging things it's unknown if that body tag exists. Nonetheless this is in fact a Ford '32 3W. I don't have the frame # on hand at the moment but I could easily get it. I know many will gag at the rod it is but it's what we inherited and it's fun to drive and show.
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190729_181029.jpg (50.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20220520_134714.jpg (108.1 KB, 47 views)
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote