View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #4
History

Default Re: I know my Ford has the original engine

I remember in high school my uncle had an old truck similar to the one in the photo above. He was an ag teacher and had access to the school shop and wasn't always doing stuff to that old truck. I didn't understand his passion for it then. I later learned it was the First road tractor of Lowes Hardware. I know it's in the Charlotte area and I don't know what brand of truck it is. Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get what you're hankering for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
My original engine is long gone. Maybe its in someone elses truck or car. The block I got with the truck had "REMAN" and numbers stamped on the side of the block. I did still have the numbers matching intermeadiate bell/ starter housing.
This truck picture is awesome. Is that a 48 truck? Sorry I am not up on all the features to tell the difference?
It also makes me think of another project: Lets call it another money pit. A 1956 Ford F800 BIG JOB. Cab and chassis. Do I need another truck, NO! Do I need a bigger truck? No! Just really have wanted this year Ford truck for some crazy reason. I have no need for one. Just a bigger toy.
Thanks for posting this great picture. Sounds like good customer servive! Try getting a new engine in a day now!
Regards,
Chris
History is offline   Reply With Quote