Thread: New block
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #126
Tod

Default Re: New block

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Tod
Yes the 24 stud block is a derived from the 21 stud block because of it increase in bore size. the stud at the center of the lower cylinder bore was too close to the bore. so it was re moved and 2 studs were installed. If you put a 21 stud head on the 24 stud block most of the bolts/studs will fit.
All you have to d is make provisions for this stud. Then users can drill and tap it.Problem solved. Several years ago I cutup a block and looked inside, very interesting. I have a junk block you can have, for just this purpose. So does most people.
I'd like to get my hands on a junk 21 stud block. My idea is to make a 21 stud block with most of the same model and make changes as needed. I can't go into all the details of how I will do all of this because most of it is specialized to tooling guys and maybe a vey good foundry man. I have basically designed this while trying to sleep since I decided to do it. If the same basic deck height, crank/cam locations, valve locations and exhaust ports are close, or the same, I can do both blocks very easily. If the rear will suffice as an 8BA style that would be better.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote