View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #90
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Making a Run to the LA Roadster Show and Beyond

Day 3 - this is the third time I am writing this - sometimes I really do hate how this message function works. Anyway, long day today 630 miles - 11 hours. We started at 6:30 and finished at 4:30 after having gained an hour. We separated from Al, Shadow, George, and Randy as we wanted to beat the heat which we were somewhat successful in that it is almost 6:30 and they have not yet arrived ...

Car ran great with the vitals posted yesterday the same as today. Oil pressure was 48 lbs at speed, 20 lbs at hot idle. If you remember I had a problem with this engine losing oil pressure. We thought is was the oil pump but it turned out to be the pressure spring. I installed a 50lb unit at that time and it is still functioning well. However, idling is an issue and I think it is because of the difference of sea level. At home I am only 5' above sea level, here, and we always seems to be going upward, I know I am a lot more. I have raised the idle twice (small amounts) so it will idle to an extent but it will want to die out if I do not give it a little gas. I hope things go back to normal when in LA - if not, I will investigate further ....

I forgot to tell you about an accident I saw yesterday. This happy camper found out that an SUV towing a single axle travel trailer and towing a boat trailer behind it do not mix! It looked like the boat got out of control, whipped around, flipped the travel travel trailer upside down which destroyed it but still attached to the SUV appeared unharmed. No ambulances were about so I am thinking no one got hurt. How people can think they can do these things is beyond me ....

I did get a rock chip on my windshield today - I can't believe it took this long to happen. I have to call Grundy to see if I am covered for one of those guys that comes over and fixes rock chips like I have done on my DD ....

We have another 630 mile day tomorrow, ending up in Kingman, AZ. We hope to start at 5:30 to make it to Kingman by 4:30 .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160611_192956141[1].jpg (48.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160611_192947753[1].jpg (45.6 KB, 99 views)
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote