View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #13
tubman

Default Re: New Battery for '40 V8

There was a time when there was a problem with Optima's. I believe that is behind us now. Here is my post from an earlier thread :

"Re : Optima's. The word is that they moved their manufacturing operation to Mexico about 20 years ago. There were problems that arose from the move that caused some of the batteries to be defective. From what I know, the batteries now are as good as they used to be. I have had two over the last 15 or so years; the first lasted about 12 years and I'm on my fourth or fifth year on my current one. One thing that did impress me is that a representative from Johnson Controls was on the H.A.M.B. when they had problems who tried to field complaints and explain the company's position. The guy took a lot of heat and handled it well. The only other problem is that the U.S. Military uses them and they were in short supply during the Iraq "conflagration". Because of the requirements of the military, the 6 volt batteries grew a little taller and are harder to fit into the faux Ford cases we love to use.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote