View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #69
63.5 Galaxie

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

I am a Ford guy due to Ch**ys being like belly buttons. I like the look, I like the model names like Galaxie, Mustang, Skyliner, etc. I mean, "What the heck is a Camaro??"
Anyhoo, I am more of a Mercury guy, having a 64 and a 65 Comet, but I love my Fords just as much.
I have had several 63 Galaxies, a very hot 68 Torino GT 390, and a Bronco, along with the Comets.
I have a 63.5 Galaxie 500 right now I am working on, and has been my almost daily driver until last year. I am working on getting it on the road again with new brakes, seat belts, etc.

The biggest thing to make me love Fords though, is probably the talk of my dad's adventures in a little Ford Falcon. Seems the local Sheriff (my grandpa) got into a chase through town one night. It was a Falcon, and was running through yards, high speeds, etc, until he finally lost track of it. Come to find out it was my dad in the car, and it was Grandpa's car...
The other thing is probably the 68 Fairlane that my friend had in high school. We cruised in it a lot, and would have bought it when he sold it, but he jammed a 428 in it, drove it a few times, then sold it when I was in college. Fun times.

I grew up in dad's 70 Maverick Grabber. He had to trade his 70 Chevelle SS396 in for the Maverick. Seems he kept losing the starter, and had to get back home for work, so the SS went away. I still have the Maverick, but it needs everything to get running again. One day I hope to cruise in it with my now 2 year old son.
63.5 Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote