View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #214
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Finally got some time to fit those rear doors to the posts prior to hinging and latches. I have a new camera because the old one is trashed with too much dust and grit. For the most part the woodie project has taken a back burner to my busiest summer ever. Perhaps my biggest pet peeve with the car hobby is people who start something and never finish it, sell it for peanuts as a basket case with boxes of unopened expensive parts. I have been rebuilding old ford trucks since 1973 and have driven every single one and next spring I will be driving this woodie. In some ways it's almost a curse. My dad once asked me if I remembered how as a kid I would get a model car kit and I would not quit until it was done. Sometimes that meant 3 am and sleeping at my desk the next day at school. Like there's something wrong with that.... I need to learn to be more like my supervisor (pictured) and sit down and relax and enjoy the project, but I'm just not used to such a complex endeavor as this woodie. I guess this one's a two year project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new camera fuji 056.jpg (64.0 KB, 44 views)
'47 1/2 ton pickup next project, '47 one ton panel 99% stock nearing completion, '47 2 ton with 8ba and 9' script stakebed, '46 1/2 ton woodie project,'59 F350 9' flareside pickup with cummins 6at. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote