View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
daveymc29

Default update on getting dizzy after being under the A.

So I spoke with my Doctor about crawling out from under the car and feeling a bit dizzy. He said that is very common with older folks and especially folks on blood thinners Fortunately you can help to negate the effects by rising slowly and even just laying out from under the car for a couple of minutes to get readjusted, but the best thing you can do for yourself happens before you get under the car. If you know you will be working there, drink extra water well before and just before you go under it. That will keep your blood pressure more even and the dizziness is from a loss of blood pressure while you are lying down and then suddenly trying to stand or sit again. The BP will take a noticeable drop when you move from lying to sitting or standing. By drinking a few extra glasses of water in advance you should notice less tendency to have a dizzy spell. Still, be careful. Falls are not a good thing as we get more advanced in years. I hope to try this tomorrow and see if it works for me. Let us know how it works for you. (Of course I will be out soon to go back to the bathroom.)
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote