View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #10
KULTULZ

Question Re: brake line distribution blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywaterdiver View Post

I replaced the stock single res with a 67 Mustang dual res. It is also a drum/drum type.

I removed the rear brakes from the old distribution block and blocked off it's port (38-24 IF) then put the rear on their own block. I wanted at least half brakes if a line failed.

I was using a lever style electrical stop light switch but they are all junk so looking to use the 1/8 NPT stock style hydro switch but I have no port for it.

This never had a low pressure warning light. Don't need a proportioning valve on drum/drum. However I did plumb in a pair of residual pressure valves.

I may have to settle for an adapter fitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54vicky View Post

...residual valves are used when the master is below the brake calipers
Yes, and ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post

Never said a word concerning a proportioning valve.

Did you check the new MC for included residual valves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54vicky View Post

your honor when you read what he said about plumbing a pair of residual valves you will see what I was referring to.

I deal in real world use not someones theory.as to steering wheel show me proof as I said.back to your books
To tell you the truth, I have little idea of whatever either of you are talking about.

If you are still now within the real world, you need to research BRAKE HYDRAULICS and VALVING.

Depending on the manufacturer and quality of the MC he bought, the 10# residual valves (DRUM/DRUM) are included in the outlet ports. So, as how is describing his install, he has double residual valves. That surely couldn't affect anything ...

I think what the OP is describing is separating the front and rear circuits through individual junction blocks and wants the front block with an additional port to install the hydraulic brake lamp switch. I also think that he has also installed two free-standing 10# residual valves when those valves should have come with the new MC.

Maybe on your next near-earth orbit, you can send down a satellite feed and GOOGLE HYDRAULIC BRAKE VALVING, THEIR USES AND DANGERS.

Now where is that IGNORE FEATURE? It seems to slip from time to time.

Last edited by KULTULZ; 05-26-2019 at 12:21 PM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote