View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 09:02 PM   #30
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Need for early condensers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
I guess I must be a little dense; Measure what? Show what? I am sure that you guys will get some readings from your impressive electronic gear, but what do you get and what does it mean? What does the scope show? Are there ranges that define acceptable and not acceptable? Can we put some numbers to this? Is there a direct correlation between the number on the scope and material transfer on the points?

I'm not trying to be "smart" here, but from my experience, just about any engine will run just fine with a large range of capacitance values. The variable must be point life. How does the reading on a scope give us an indication of how the material transference will occur and to what extent?

You two gentlemen are among those whose knowledge and opinions I most respect on this board, so please take this for what it is; a sincere quest for relevant information that I can use in further product development.

"Murre" - Simply put, could you put a helmet distributor with a rebuilt "Skip" coil and one of my .22 micro-farad condensers on that very impressive array of equipment you show and be able to tell me that it is X nano-farads short or long? Or just that the pattern "looks good" or doesn't?

Ha.....Like the Judge in "My Cousin Vinny" said...…"I'd like to know the answer to that one, too!" DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote