View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
Kube

Default Re: 1940 color question

Cloud Mist Gray, or "green" to my eyes. Photo below. Is that what you are referring to?

The DeLuxe models were available in Black, Lyon Blue, Folkstone Gray, Mandarin Maroon, Cloud Mist Gray and Yosemite Green through the entire production. In April, 1940 a “Spring Color”, Garnet Maroon, became available for the DeLuxe models. Wheels were painted to match body color on all DeLuxe models

The Ford V8 (aka "Standard") models were available in Black, Lyon Blue and Cloud Mist Gray through the entire production. Wheels were painted black on all Ford V8 models. However, as an extra cost option, the wheels could have been painted Lyon Blue or Cloud Mist Gray, to match the body color.
DeLuxe colors, with the exception of Garnet Maroon were available on the Ford V8 models as an extra cost option.

Beginning May 1, 1940 two special color combinations were being furnished. It appears these combinations were available on both the DeLuxe models as well as the Ford V8 models. Introduced at this time was an additional paint color, Acadia Green, offered only as part of a combination. Combinations offered were:
Folkestone Gray body with Black fender and grille sides.
Folkestone Gray body with Mandarin Maroon fenders and grille sides.
Mandarin Maroon body with Folkestone Gray fenders and grille sides.
Cloud Mist Gray body with Acadia Green fenders and grille sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3831.jpg (75.6 KB, 404 views)

Last edited by Kube; 04-07-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote