View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #84
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

today I have a funny and a story will follow. here goes, it is from a newspaper many moons ago and I kept it because I thought it difficult to believe at the time until this very unusual explanation was found by admission.

The cow that fell out of the sky and sunk a Japanese fishingboat.

In 1997, the crew of a Japanese fishing boatwas pulled from the Sea of Japan after clinging to the boat's wreckage for several hours. They were immediately arrested, however, after authorities interrogated them about the boat's fate. To a man, they claimed a cow had fallen from the sky, apparently coming from nowhere, and struck the boat amidships, resulting in a huge hole and its rapid sinking.

The crew remained in prison for several weeks until Japanese authorities were contacted by several highly embarrassed Russianair force officials. It turned out that the crew of a Russian cargo plane had stolen a cow that wandered near their Siberian airfield and forced it onto their plane before they took off for a flight home. Once airborne, the cow apparently panicked and starting rampaging through the cargo hold, causing the crew also to panic because it was affecting the plane's stability. They solved the problem by shoving the cow out of the hold while crossing theSea of Japan at 30,000 feet.

Unfortunately, following Rules 5 (Look-out),and 7 (Risk of collision) won't keep you out of trouble when the danger isairborne!

Source: Australian Financial Review, 16 May2000

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote