Thread: Fan Install
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #14
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Fan Install

It is a bit confusing for someone who has not been through this before. As I read your original post, I wondered which engine and radiator you have in your '35, or is it a '36 pickup? Later in your thread you think your block is a '37, and after that you mention the water pumps are in the heads. Which is very possible to do with a '37 block, and '36 or earlier heads. If this is your actual set-up, you would also have a set of block off plates bolted to the front of the block where the '37-'48 type water pumps would normally have been bolted. If this is your actual set-up, and you definitely want to use a 12V alternator, my suggest would also be to use a stock generator with fan mount pulley, and have Ed Whitney convert that to a 12V alternator. Then you would need to find a stock '35/'36 pickup fan with a four bolt mounting that gives you the correct fan blade to radiator spacing. A high rise 2x2 intake manifold such as a Thickstun PM7 or an Eddie Myers will give you enough space for a stock generator or a Whitney gen/alt conversion.... and I'm still wondering which radiator you are planning to use??

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote