View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #17
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 3.27 Gear without an Overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Ron View Post
I would like to hear from people who are running a 3.27 rear end without an overdrive. Would you get a 3.27 if you had to do it again?

I have a fresh engine that will be getting a HC head and I would like to build this one without an OD.

FWIW, I actually DO have multiple firsthand experiences running a 3.27 ratio in many different bodystyles and terrains, ...and yes I have one in my own vehicle.

Going further, I actually have a 3.25 ratio in a couple of my Model-Ts, and one with a 3.0 ratio and all of my cars have many miles on them from touring all over this country. What I always find sad (-not just here but in other forums & social media formats too) is there will be ones that give their opinion on what won't work well or why it wont work well however when truth is known, in reality they have never actually had any firsthand experience with the advice they are giving to someone else. It's like the person asking the question must decide the correct answer to his question first by needing to determine whether the advice he is given is actually factual or just fiction. There was a time in my life when I remember it wasn't that way.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote