Thread: backup camera
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #37
SAJ

Default Re: backup camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryAllen View Post
Because of my lower back Arthritis, poor movement in my neck from a car accident, I have been thinking on getting a back up camera. I appreciate the info provided.
I use my car as my daily driver putting on about 200 miles a week. Any tool I can use to make it safer for me and less chance of backing into a rural mail box or someone gawking at the car the better. The camera would be an asset.
Before I give up my Sweet Pea, I will use what ever device required to keep me on the road. Just a thought and hope the purists understand there may be a valid reason for some one wanting or needing an ad on to their Model A.
Just a thought................
Gerry Allen, Birch Bay WA.
Gerry, I second that. I am blind in the right eye, so have no depth perception. Even if I could turn my head enough to look backwards (I cannot due to arthritis) I still cannot tell how close rear objects are. So when parking I have to get out and look at clearances behind (roadster and Tudor with rear trunks) before finishing the parking operation.
Unless my passenger helps or there is a shop window reflection to assist.
Frontal clearances are just as difficult for me, so on a 1953 Alvis I installed the sonar parking sensors front and rear.
A camera would be even better.
SAJ in NZ
SAJ is offline   Reply With Quote