View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #31
wisbangman

Default Re: Dealing with the heirs on '32 parts ect.

This is such an interesting subject ! First off, it comes up with many, many items, not just cars and parts. Almost any thing that is collectible. I believe that unless you are a dealer or semi dealer, quite often, what you paid for a part will probably be the most that part is ever going to sell for. In most cases, when you bought the part, it was bought from someone who went to a lot of trouble marketing, advertising and displaying the stuff. Unless you do the same [ dealer or, semi dealer, ] in order to get the ' best price ' for your stuff, you will have to go through, what he did, to sell it to you! So now comes the time when you leave this world. In many cases, YOU didn't get into the parts swap selling business, so how can you expect your wife, son, daughter, or best friend to do so? If you are really worried about the money side of your stuff, you better get busy now, but you probably didn't want to do it 20 years ago, so what makes you think that you are going to get out there now, when you are 20 years older, with more aches and pains? This situation has been going on forever. It all gets sorted out one way or another. YOUR treasures came to you and they, eventually will leave you. My guess, for most of us, we did not get into the car stuff to " make a lot of money. We got into it because we got a lot of enjoyment out of it and made new friends. There are many things we could have spent our time and money on that we would not have to worry about a ' return ' among the many are travel , booze, xtra women etc. When we leave, the stuff will get sorted out. I have some trusted car friends. I tell my wife, that if there is stuff left I am sure she can get some help, one way or the other in finding a home for the stuff. I know that I won't be taking any of with me when I leave! What am I worried about? that at 76, I will be able to somewhat enjoy my time left with out stewing about finding all of the ways to make my departure perfect for everyone, in every way.
wisbangman is offline   Reply With Quote