View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #20
KULTULZ

Post Re: 1955 ford with 2 barrel ford carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scicala View Post

"I described the ID incorrectly on this carb (have H4000 on my mind for some reason). I believe it (2100DD) came through with a separate ID TAG.

Sal should be able to clarify."

I'm pretty sure the part number ID tags on these carbs was just on service carbs from the dealer. Could be mistaken. The stamping of Holley LIST numbers and date codes was very sporatic back then. I've seen some stamped right above the venture size on the top cover, and some stamped on top of the bowl cover, but most had nothing. I don't think they got consistent with the part number stampings until the teapot 4 barrels arrived in 1953 on the Lincoln. Once again, this is just for the Holley 94 type carbs.

Sal

The TAGS had to be attached @ the vendor and then shipped to FORD ASSEMBLY. They were usually removed and not re-attached during service.

The APPLICATION CHART NOTE section will tell where to find the STAMPING ID on which particular carb. It seems location/style was not followed year to year. Maybe a rebuild kit sheet offers more info?

- DISCLAIMER -

The above posted information is in my opinion only (IMO) and may contain copy and paste material(s).

In addition, any above tech information is supplied in good faith. No responsibility implied or otherwise can be accepted for the way others use or interpret provided data.

Your experience(s), opinion(s) and mileage may vary.

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote