View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #1
floatsonwater

Default Grandpa's 1924 Model T Touring

My grandpa recently passed away at 100yrs old and left behind a number of cars, tractors and even an airplane. He has a 1924 Model T Touring, purchase from the original owner back in the 50's. About all I know about the car is that it has the factory electric start option and the two speed rear axle. It's been in his barn and hasn't been driven in a good 5-10 years. It was running before being parked, but currently does not start. As far as I know everything in the car is original.

Trying to decide if we are going to keep the car or put it in auction. Unfortunately I do not know much about Model T's, or the costs to fix/restore. Can anyone give me any information on what car like this would be worth in current condition? If I keep it and want to do a light restoration to clean it up and get it running what would I expect to spend? I would probably want to get mechanicals cleaned up so its reliable and fix up the interior. Body work seems to be pretty good shape. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
floatsonwater is offline   Reply With Quote