Thread: 1932 BB Dump
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #146
Redpond2

Default Re: 1932 BB Dump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Barners,

Little updates. Seat springs have arrived. I customized them as sugar maker did for the sole fact that when I sat in his, it felt good. I am one of the shorter people I know, so if I’m comfortable with the seating position back a bit I can only imagine the uncomfort taller/bigger people could have in there. We’ve got a good local upholstery shop so I’ll be going by there soon to go over color and schedule. How did these originally come black faux leather? Surely these work trucks didn’t come with gen-u-wine leather.

Took the block and pistons by the machine shop.. machinist laughed a little. Pistons, reminder brand new, measured standard and cylinder walls, at the top, are wore out to ≈.017 over .020 probably won’t give us enough to make it; so we’re going .030 over to be safe.

Once the block and seats are off to the professionals I’ll be focusing back on the stuff I can handle in my garage. Many questions sure to come!

Caution: living may be hazardous to your long term health. Eventually, and often over time, death has been known to occur....
Redpond2 is offline   Reply With Quote