View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #10
Model A Ron

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil in Crankcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHN View Post
I can’t show you proof but I can again tell this story.

41 years ago we found a 1929 Model A Sport Coupe in a barn in Central New York. It had been there since the sixties. The body was in great shape, car was complete, just had been sitting for years.

We put a battery and some gas in the car and it started right up. Clutch was rusted to the fly wheel otherwise I would have driven it home. I was planning on rebuilding engine at the same time we replaced the clutch. Engine was making a lot of noise. No knock, but really noisy.

To make a long story short. We check compression before pulling engine, they were all in the mid 60’s. Pulled engine, replaced timing gear, rebuilt distributor, replaced water pump, rebuilt generator, remover pan and cleaned pan and oil pump, checked underside of engine, removed head and inspected valves and cylinders. Than put everything back together.

Car ran great but was still very, very noisy. I than put Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas. This was at the direction of my neighbor who was a Model T owner
He also owned a Ford Tractor dealership.

End of story. ALL the noise was gone within 100 miles. It is now 41 years later. Car has been painted, new top and interior, running gear completely done.

BUT! The engine has still not been rebuilt. It is just as smooth as it could be. No smoke, plenty of power, and comments from other car people at shows. Also many trophies.

I think it works for certain things. Noisy valves is one of them, and maybe sticking rings.

Sorry this took so long to tell. It’s my favorite Model A story.

Enjoy.

Great story so thank you. I use it in my gas and have been doing so for many years.....what about using it in the crankcase?
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote