Thread: Under 1,000
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #24
Lona

Default Re: Under 1,000

When I first joined the forum and asked a question as I had seen others do, a common reply from the experienced guys was "this has been discussed before, why don't you do a search?" Good point for a newbie but a little intimidating. So, I would first do a search. Finding little relative information because the search function doesn't work very well, I was reluctant to post any question at all and refrained from doing so for some time. Then I saw a post where someone suggested using a Google search like "ignition timing ford barn" and that worked much better. There may be an even more convenient way to do a search that I do not know about yet.

The point I am making is that there is a huge amount of good information on the forum but it is not that easy to find what you are looking for all in one place. Newbies get frustrated trying to find it and experienced guys get frustrated seeing the same old questions all the time. Perhaps a "Sticky" helping new members find relative posts would give the new guys some direction and cut down on the repetive questions. Of course, there are those just too lazy to search first and I don't know the solution to that problem.

I always get a broader range of opinions and answers by taking the time to read multiple posts on a subject rather than relying on only a few reply comments to a post from a single day.

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica