View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #76
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Great to hear from you Ken, Have Hot Air heater parts to fill a box, several fittings and blower motors, will take photos and post tomorrow. #2 Columbia Two speed, yes it does come from the passenger side axle housing at rear wheel. Ken the speedometer cable was not hooked up on drive shaft, I will look in morning also and take a couple photos and post. Ken, do you think it is safe to drive car using the drive line as a means to free up stuck clutch!? My plan was to fix brakes and then take car out in my hay field and coast start car in gear and drive around with clutch pedal depressed, slow and fast and apply brakes and drive up small grades with clutch pedal down all the time? How would I know if Columbia is in a safe mode position? I will order bearings and seals tomorrow, only reason for bearings/seals is while I am in location I do not want to return, pack bearings and new seals. Have to be very old with CR labels and Ford script bearings? Keep info coming, I will use a vacuum brake pump machine tomorrow to flush lines with new DOT 3 brake fluid. Next leave adjustment screw loose on brakes, install front drums loose and bleed system of air. Move to rear drums and remove, same process, after all 4 are bled I will exercise the brake pedal and see if wheel cylinders operate. So much to do, little at a time. I will also check those rubber bumpers, thanks
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote