View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #46
henry494

Default Re: Need help at Macungie P.A. Meet.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Here we go again.

Pete, I just don't get it. Why don't you actually read what's been posted?

Your quote;
"Dave , Dave ,Dave... Ok ,i'll give you that on :25 years you "owned" the valve stems and caps but "WITHOUT" dust covers. In 25 years if you came across the orginial covers you would have them by now.? I know i would and so would alot of others knowing they are impossiable to find.!!! If you are unhappy with them i'll give you a full refund on them and postage. "

My response;
Pete, I did NOT buy any Acme covers from you, never will. I will repeat again, since you seem to have missed what I wrote;
Your Acme reproduction valve stem covers are very nice, but do not match originals, therefore, should receive a deduction in judging.
To make it perfectly clear Pete, I received a full set of five Acme valve stem covers, all at once, not NOS, but mint condition, approximately 25 years ago. Are we clear on that now? (Not that this point really matters at all to anyone)

Your quote;
"Dave was not willing to pass them on judging on my car. But yet willing to use them himself."

My response;
Correct Pete, I am not willing to pass reproduction parts for full points in Blue Ribbon judging.
No, I am not willing to use them myself. Please explain where you get that from. I have never said it, nor have I ever written anything like that.

So many good people have tried to explain this to you Pete. I thought I was done with your whining about the judging process at National meets and responding to your nonsense remarks. But since you continue, let's have a look at what the Judging Standards say about reproduction. I'm going to skip over very important paragraphs on page 11 and 12, that you need to review. Go get your book and read along with me Pete.

Page 12

"The hobby is not getting easier to pursue. While there are plenty of original parts around, the quality is often poor-making the restoration much more difficult. The difficult pieces are nearly impossible to locate. However in the final analysis, a quality restoration should receive the recognition it deserves."

Pete, this means that the person who spends the time and effort to locate original parts receives the points over the person who decides to quit looking and whines about how hard it is to find those parts. For some, the joy is in the hunt.

Page 12

"An original part that is well restored and correct for the vehicle being judged shall be awarded full points. If a reproduction part is such that it is indistinguishable from the original, it too shall merit full points. If the appearance of a component is different in any way or if the materials are different from those used in the original part, the part must be considered a reproduction or incorrect part and awarded fewer points."

I added the bold type so that you wouldn't miss it. This is what we have all been trying to tell you, plus many other things, such as not whining about the score and the judging when you don't even participate. I won't even respond to your suggestion about "referees" after judging takes place.

Again, Pete, before you post any more nonsense, or want to jump at me for writing the truth, go back and read a bunch of the other people's responses. Vince, Will, Marco, and others, all wrote excellent, truthful responses. You just seem to want to ignore them and the truth.
Others have expressed their displeasure at reading this thread and someone even got turned off of the Blue Ribbon judging because of this thread. Do you really want people to lose interest just because one person (You) decides he doesn't like a process that's been in place, and has worked so well, for so many years?

Everyone - Maybe I'm done with this subject. I guess it depends on whether or not Pete reads and absorbs what he has been told. I will repeat that anyone is welcome to contact me off-line to discuss Blue Ribbon cars and the judging process. I won't discuss Pete and his beliefs or whining off-line because that's just not right.

Pete, I will repeat once again. Your 180A is a beautiful car, a beautiful restoration. You chose to show it with over-restored components and reproduction parts for your own personal reasons. Live with it. Go pat your Henry Award on the head because you earned it at French Lick.

The brats are getting cold.