View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #43
forever4
BANNED

Default Re: Need help at Macungie P.A. Meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
Dave , Dave ,Dave... Ok ,i'll give you that on :25 years you "owned" the valve stems and caps but "WITHOUT" dust covers. In 25 years if you came across the orginial covers you would have them by now.? I know i would and so would alot of others knowing they are impossiable to find.!!! ...

... Lets call ARIES MUFFLERS , FORD SCRIPT BATTERY ,RUNNING BOARD TRIM made by BOB BURDICK,and ACME dust covers a new name [ SERVICE PART]. A+L parts are [SERVICE PARTS] compared to some of the crap thats made out there. Judging should allow "certain" [SERVICE PARTS] to be used ,,,...

...WHINING is "NOT" in my Dictionary ! ...

...One more thing if a person has a orginial belt, hoses and or wires then give full credit to [SERVICE PARTS] gives them the chance to change to them too! It will stop the hard to find in a very short supply ,high price orginial hard ,whipped orginial parts to be used. Everyone at that point will be even ON those items.
Pete,
Why are you arguing with Dave about how many original dust covers he has owned, or for how long?
Why don't you just come straight out and call him a liar on the message board?
Unbelievable, your posts.

Since when, would a dust cover or running board trim be a "SERVICE PART" ?
It is just a reproduction. Simple as that.
And there are other plentiful alternative to Acme valve hardware.

Tires, batteries, and mufflers (and belts and hoses) are all 'consumable' parts, and I could see the argument to accept the best reproductions of those items in judging, with a specified deduction.
But repro dust covers and running board trim get full points???? Come on!

"...give full credit to [SERVICE PARTS] gives them the chance to change to them too!" is a great way to completely diminish the value of everyone's (including yours) Henry awards and fine point efforts, and to dumb down the fine point judging to the Touring Class or AACA level.
"...Everyone at that point will be even ON those items." Why should people using reproduction parts be 'even' with those who take the time to find and restore originals??????

Maybe you would be a lot more satisfied just sticking with AACA judging or Touring Class and forget about MARC/MAFCA levels of authenticity in Fine Point.

I am sure glad whining is not in your dictionary.
Your continued posts about the judging and points your car received is a poor reflection on you, and an insult to all the many people who make a greater effort towards authenticity and original parts, and an insult to the people who took the time and consideration to carefully judge your car.

By your own statements, you will not participate in judging, but you want to have a post-judging review at the meet and referee of your score so that you can 'explain' it and revise the score before the awards banquet. And now you invite the peanut gallery to meet you at Macungie to review your car and scores. Sad.

Last edited by forever4; 07-24-2010 at 02:47 PM.