BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Powder for Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
You can try these guys,

http://www.modelawheelcolors.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBI Houston View Post
These guys are easy to deal with, have a good product and ship quickly. I was completely satisfied when I ordered from them.

Did you guys read the 2nd sentence of the original post above?

Adding to MBI's post, there has recently been discussion here about orders that were not shipped/etc.

Personally I first had dealings with Tom Green about 10+ years ago, and then for about 2-3 years afterward. On several occasions about 50% were favorable, and the others were anywhere from a minor inconvenience to downright deceit on his part. In his defense, I think where he struggled was with selling enough volume to keep his product fresh and in stock. You see, even when we store our powder in a dehumidifier box, it still ages where it does not flow correctly when applied. Adding to that, when blended colors are necessary, the minimum order is usually 50 pounds, and even at that quantity, the pricing does not get competitive until the quantity increases substantially. Therefore maybe this helps understand where the issue.

Now with that said, what I have learned over the years is whatever you can accomplish with powder applied paint can be accomplished with sprayed 2K urethane with regard to to durability. My personal opinion is use one of the TigerDrylac RAL premixed numbers if a close to authentic color is acceptable, and use a mixed sprayed 2K urethane if the color nerds to match the chip in the Paint & Refinish Manual.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote