View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor hood alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbasher View Post
Looks like a couple of things going on. You'll have to draw the top of the rad back towards the cowl. So shorten the nuts on the support rods. That will pull the hood back and get rid of the overlap at the bottom corners to the rad shroud. Then You'll have to shim the cowl up to straighten up the vertical line. Then you can work your way back to the door fit and the 1/4's. The frame is Straight? JP
Frame straight? I have no idea. I didn't even think of checking that when I had the body off. Hindsight is always better than foresight, as they say. This car was really in great condition so I didn't even think of a problem with the frame. I know that I should have checked it but it's too late now.

I was looking at the hood again this morning (sometimes things can change after a good night's sleep). The left side seems to line up pretty well. The right side is a different story. I'll play with it a little more in the next few days and try your suggestions and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by fred93; 03-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote