View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #26
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Purchasing an A...red flags

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Look the seller straight in they eyes---"why you sellin'it"?------ "How long has it been for sale"---FADED for sale signs are a dead give away!
Really GOOD cars that are a decent price would already have been sold to a club member or a neighbor!
Almost all cars, with some years on them, will require some repairs. When I've bought a used car, I always do a complete tune up, pack the wheel bearings, change ALL fluids, etc, check brake system complete & anything you can visually inspect. This is necessary, so at least, you can have a starting point for a regular maintenance schedule!
JUST THINK what all this can cost, in money & your hard sweat, even if you can do it YO'SELF!
A friend bought a "READY TO TOUR", BEAUTIFUL BLACK '29 Town Sedan, $3,000.00 & 8 months later, it was "TOUR READY"!
If you are a club member, search for cars for sale, there. You'll hear a thousand stories about it from OTHER members!!!!-----"YEA! it wuz a piece of shit when he got it!-----"Yep, I remember when Ol' Rufus did------jist to git it runnin"---"And when he went through 3 used rear ends, to find a good one"!----And the stories might go ON & ON!!!
And there are "MERCHANTS"?? thet just "turn" Model A's, to make some quick BUCKS!! There's a KAZILLION of them on the INTERNET! iF MOST OF THEM WERE AS good AS ADVERTISED, he'd be keeping it for himself, UNLESS, he wuz DAID BROKE! Sorry if I sound NEGATIVE, I ain't had COFFEE, yet & my pain pill is just BARELY beginn' to "KICK IN & I only had 4 hours sleep! -----Bill W.