View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #25
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Rear Panhard Bar ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
No harm meant Steve S or George Miller ... I just post my experience . My sedans have never swayed in sharp turns like my roadster did . The roadster had it bad . the panhard bar removed the sway . My wife said there was no sway at all , She was the one driving and scaired the h-ll out of me when she accellerated around a sharp turn . Maybe the rear spring shackles were not tight enough , maybe it was the improved power of the engine . Our sedans are stock . Any way , the panhard bar completely solved the problem . There isn't many things that I have ever posted that I didn't have to defend at one time or another . No offence !!! insert smiley face .
Purdy,

I'm a a newcomer to Model A's, so I think everyone's opinion is appreciated here, certainly by me. It's great to be able to get everyone's opinion and make up my mind on a lot of issues.

I was just watching a story on the Major League Network about Tony Gwynn of the San Diego Padres who was a great hitter. During his career, a baseball analyst brought him together, on a radio broadcast, with another San Diego legend Ted Williams who was a great hitter with the Boston Red Sox.

At first Tony was in awe of Williams. Williams used to always ask other Ball players about hitting, and Tony said he was afraid of giving the wrong answer. As the interview progressed, he began to realize that his experience was different but it did not make his approach to hitting any less valid.

Ironically, Tony actually became a better hitter after that interview. I think it shows that no matter how well you think you know a subject or how successful you are, you can always learn from other people's experience.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote