View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #60
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Ms. American 3.14159 Daily Driver Diary Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
... curses ... FOILED AGAIN! Was hoping you would get upset with her and sale her to me ...
Hey Mr. K,
In all seriousness... I don't know what is ever going to become of Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul.

My father died at the age of 84. My mother died seven years later at the age of 84. The Liver MDeity replied, when I asked her how long I had left to live, after she had told me I was going to die in five months when they first discovered this Liver Disease, and then when I responded so MIRACULOUSLY to the therapy (that was twenty years ago), that I would "Probably live as long as my Father and Mother."

So I'm 80 years old now. If I've got only four more years, between now and then. During that time, I am going to have to figure out what is going to be done with both Ms. American, and Lorrie Van Haul.

Also what is ever going to become of my two Guitars (one VERY expensive Martin D35-12 Acoustic Twelve-String, and one VERY expensive Ovation 1285 Preacher Electric Twelve-String.

I can't bring myself to sell them. I don't need the money. They would feel betrayed if I sold them, I'm sure.

So what to do?

Don't want to leave any of them to people who haven't the slightest idea of what it takes to keep them happy.

And a problem is that even if I did find someone who could take care of them properly, the only people that I know who would do that are also around MY age, and what would THEY do with them when THEY passed away?

When I contemplate this problem, the only thing that I can come up with is that it REALLY WON'T BE MY PROBLEM ANYMORE! But that doesn't keep me from wondering.

I just have to continue to believe, and content myself with the belief that everything works out the way it is supposed to work out. And then just let it go at that.
Quote:
Does she have a GEN or ALT JC?
Ms. American has an Alternator." Why do you ask?

Presently, Ms. American is proving to be back to being her old reliable self. She is in the BEST condition she has ever been in since coming to live with me. She is starting the BEST she has ever started.

She could use a NEW Pilot Bearing in the Flywheel, but I compensate for THAT by the way I drive her.

Even her exterior is a WONDER. It isn't "pretty", but it has a "GENUINE" patina that can't be faked. She has "earned" how she looks. There are people who TRY to make their cars look like Ms. American, but there's no substitute for AUTHENTICITY.

And on the underside, she is PERFECT.

The Front Suspension is EXACTLY as it should be.

Her ENTIRE Brake System is NEW.

From the Center of the Flywheel to the Rear U-Joint, she is kind of loosey-goosy, but THAT could all be fixed just by replacing parts.

Her EXHAUST Pipes are GOOD... not GREAT, but adequate.

Am thinking that just the Exhaust Pipes from the Cast Iron Shorty Headers to the front of the Mufflers should be replaced, but without taking the Bolts out of the Flanges connecting them to the Header, but rather just cutting them off about six inches from the Header Flanges, and welding expanded NEW Pipes to them.

Could take the Clamps off of the front of the Mufflers, and fasten the NEW Pipes to them. The Exhaust System doesn't have a "cross-over". It never has.

So in the meantime, we are just going along, living a REAL life, in REAL time, doing what can be done with the Energy&Focus available. Don't know how much longer this can continue, but everything happens when it's supposed to happen. Attitude is everything. Acceptance is the key. Am carrying on as if we're ALL immortal.

Hope this finds YOU doing well, and taking excellent care.

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige

Last edited by JCAllison; 07-15-2019 at 07:21 AM.
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote