View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 06:14 AM   #62
ronn

Default Re: Is it a bad time to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Don
I saw a lot of decent stock tudors/coupes go for 5-7k. Some with pretty nice paint too.

Another thread has descended into fantasy land.

$5K buys you a decent Tudor??? Give me a break. What's "decent" to you? No bullet holes or trees growing out of it? The only way you'll get a quality car for that price is if the old boy selling has dementia and you take advantage of him.

Paint, rust and sheet metal issues are a big deal unless you can do the work yourself. It costs many thousands of $ to turn decent into nice. Best to buy the nicest car your budget will allow rather than trying to save a couple of thousand $.

I challenge anyone who thinks the asking price for this car is too much to find another one in better condition for under $20K. Of course, it must be a cabriolet otherwise you're comparing apples and oranges. There are 300+ Model As on Hemmings alone, so you should be able to find 2 or 3 cars if what you believe is correct.

Furthermore, last 3 A's I sold went to rodders. they have no problem ponying up the cash. Very hard to sell a car here on the Barn. Just my observations.
some people know how to buy and some never will............
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)