View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #23
twc

Default Re: 50 flatty idles well revs okay, but will not drive down the road.

thanks guys. I am in Dallas.
I have a vacuum line from the back of the carb to the vac advance. new vac advance from macs was installed to see if this was the problem. it wasnt.

carb rebuild could be it. Ive rebuilt lots of carbs from holleys to quadrajets and have been successful. this little guy could be kicking my butt.

the tank is clean and the lines are new. only the pump and regulator are old. they seemed to work so I kept them. could be the issue. I had a hell of a time getting the mech fuel pump to work when i was a teenager so I automatically went electric. i plugged the pump shaft hole in the block when i rebuilt it. a few books told me to do that. so going back to a mech pump will be a pain but doable.

I tried the choke and it didnt help so ruled out the mix. fuel cap is quite loose so it vents fine.

the flamethrower coil from speedway has an internal resistor. cant remember the ohms but will double check. Ill send photos when I figure out how. the "insert image" icon only wants an url. looking for the instructions.
twc is offline   Reply With Quote