View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
daren007

Default Re: Float A motor and noise

I am dealing with the same thing...I think. I have a 30 Coupe that produces what I would call a drumming that you can feel in your ears. This takes place around 15-25 mph in high gear. It is most noticeable at 20. It appears to be transmitted from the engine as there is a vibration that is most pronounced at about 20 mph. It resembles a exhaust drone except it follows a engine vibration through this range. I also have FLM mounts and I have tried different things to prevent the transmission of vibration from the engine to body. I loosened the transmission mount but nothing changed. Next I tightened the bell housing mounts one at a time and nothing changed. Next I loosened the mounts one at a time until you could turn the rubber mounts with your fingers. This seemed to make it better. I may try original mounts just for shits and giggles but do not expect to see any significant difference. I would have to believe there are others who have been through this (I hope) and found the answer. This condition is very unpleasant for putting around town.
daren007 is offline   Reply With Quote