View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #19
GMCPASO

Post Re: Who's running a Marvel/Schebler carb?

Hi MS carb users

Rounded up 6 of these at a swap meet in Bakersfield this spring. Have rebuilt 4 of them and tested them on my 29 Tudor. Great Carbs. One of them seems to have some type of accelerator pump inside the bowl. I tested it today and was surprised. Appears to have a noticeable difference, quicker responds. Anyone seen one of these? It only had the A input on the side and also a Zenith GAV. No B input on the front is cast into the the top like the others. If anyone has any information on the "accelerator pump"?, could I get some feedback. Now to see what happens to the MPG. Already the plugs are better condition, running much cleaner and operates much smoother on acceleration and noticeable better when climbing hills with a slight opening of the GAV. Average price of the carbs at SM was $7. When I talked to Reener's Corners, they reported the Acc. Pump revision was made for Chevy division of GM. I sure like them as they all run much smoother and accelerate much better with the Chevy version having a quicker response as I see it.

Last edited by GMCPASO; 05-31-2017 at 06:31 PM.
GMCPASO is offline   Reply With Quote