View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: Blowing fuses in my '33

Does a wiring diagram help you any? The wiring on a 33 is fairly simple, but I know that doesn't help much if your not familiar with automotive wiring. The only wire on the exit side of the fuse is the Yellow/Red which goes to the light control switch a the end of the steering column (down by the frame). In your case there appears to also be a second wire to the radio which is not shown on the diagram. The Yellow/Red wire connects to the three terminals labeled BAT in the diagram (this is inside of the switch and not something you can see).

If the fuse is OK with the light control switch in the off position then the wiring should be OK from the fuse block to the light control switch.

I would next attempt to determine which circuit is causing the issue. I would try each position on the light control switch and see if you can determine which one is blowing the fuse. Might start with the parking light position and if that is OK, then try the high beam position and then the low beam position. Leave it in each position to be sure it is working OK.

The brake lights are also connected to the light control and is hot is all the positions including the off position. So, with the light switch in the off position if you step on the brake and hold it for a while that will check the brake circuit.

After you determine which circuit is blowing the fuse we can work on where the problem is in that circuit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flathead_Electrical_wirediagram1933-34car.jpg (77.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Flathead_Electrical_wiring1933.jpg (104.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by JSeery; 08-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)