View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #16
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: wireless lower distributor plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
Man, the sheer number of things that have been linked to instability at idle or stopping boggles the mind. You think idle is just the engine doing its thing, easy to achieve, but no, turns out idle is like the engine operating at the absolute edge of its capabilities, just barely functioning. God help you if a grain of sand gets wedged in the wrong place.
From what others said, typically stall at stop is usually attributed to Carb. I was stuck on and off for weeks thinking carb issue. After I tried a known good carb (worked great on another club member's car and still had the problems, I started looking at the electrical/ignition. Started swapping out stuff with parts I had on hand. Finally asked around and also checked some forums, and a couple of different sources told me to switch back to original plates. Was told that sometimes the connection between the 2 plates wears/corrodes, or gets dirty, and does not give a good contact. This due to the large "horseshoe" contact moving every time you move the spark adjust.

I do believe that some or a majority using wireless plates have not experienced this. It is just another random low occurrence issue that can crop up, frustrating to troubleshoot if you do not know it is a possibility.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote