View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #27
Low50s

Default Re: Shop led lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
When I built my house with attached shop 18 years ago, for the tall ceiling I used what was recommended, metal halide I believe. Recently several have died, and I never did like the buzzing sound. Now I'm ready to replace all and what I'm hearing is that I should be looking at High Bay LED lights. Just wondering if any of you guys have gone with this sort of lighting. Any recommendations or comments most welcome.

THANKS!
When I built my 30x40x14 I was going to use some metal halide because they are super cheap now since everyone uses T5 and LED lights my electrician said they are junk get dim over time, the buzz ect and he talked me into some GE 1x2' high bay lights they were costly at about $230 each but he installed 6 of them and my garage is like daylight! at first I was worried about brightness but after seeing them im super happy with how they look!

I was also looking at lights at bees lighting if you jump over to the sister forum garage journal they have a entire section to garage lighting.
Low50s is offline   Reply With Quote