View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
Paul Bennett

Default Re: More techno info from Canada

I assume your use of the term 'flatmotor' actually means a flathead Ford V8. Flatmotor is actually a term describing the Volkswagen or Ferrari engines which have cylinders 180 apart making for a 'flat' or boxer motor.

Also, my patent was stolen is often asserted by a weak 'original' patent holder. As a holder of a electrical patent myself, I can tell you the patent attorneys often, as in the case above, includes non-pertinent trivia which unfortunately allows the patent to be broken easily but does increase the attorney fees. Admittedly, I haven't read the entire patent, but using an SCR itself is poor as it's function is easily duplicated with other devices and methods to discharge the capacitor, thus bypassinging the original patent. We know that Wikileaks is not authoritative source as any 8 year old kid can modify or edit any article. That said, don't want to be a downer but just add some background. I do badly want to know and have asked in other threads with no answer provided -

Under what circumstances does an electronic ignition improve performance over a points (Kettering) ignition. It certainly doesn't add short term reliability. How can the performance of a stock flathead be improved? ?? Can someone speak this improvement of the performance of a stock engine vs a competition engine - i.e. unless compression is raised etc etc? no anecdotal stories please.
Paul Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote