View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #72
dean from bozeman

Default Re: Early 28 roadster on ebay

With the bidding process, I learned along the way. If I went up increments then the bidding could get into a p*ssing match. The best way for me to bid was to decide what I was willing to pay and then create a snipe with that amount. If my bid was the highest and higher than the reserve, I won. If not, then I was happy not to pay too much.

It looks like the winning bidder said something like, 'I'd be willing to go $40k'. He snipes that (remember the earlier snipe if there is a tie wins) $40K and the reserve is $38,500. He wins.

Don't know if the seller lowered his reserve but if he did, it was a good choice because his car is now sold.

Personally, from what I know about prices for original cars, that $38,500 is on the high side of reasonable. I understand that many Model Aers would not even consider paying half of that, but as they say, 'They don't make original cars anymore'. Original cars are very special. If given the opportunity to drive an original car you will find out that they handle in a way that restored Model A's only approach, but don't quite duplicate.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote