View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Looking for 1928 Briggs Fordor wood plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930artdeco View Post
Mike, I have a question for you. If Ford designed the car would the wood plans not be at the Benson Archives? Or, did Briggs and Murray develop their own plans to what Ford wanted?

Mike
While I do not have the answer to whether Briggs or Murray shared the drawings, I do know that not every drawing ever produced was retained due to various reasons. While there may be wood drawings who knows the actual part numbers and revision number needed for each piece? Who is prepared to spend the money to have the drawings looked up either by an individual or by the staff.

I've been around these forums and magazines for years and never have I read of a source of drawing or even a list of drawing numbers needed for each body style.

A search on this site will show the lack of drawings or numbers. Do I see a potential for another research project?