View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #61
WHN

Default Re: Cos of A Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Or mine says; : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state.

As a professional restorer, I do exactly what my customer asks me to do. I don't see where anyone's ego is involved in this conversation however I do believe people should be honest in their descriptions. Society has taken the stance where making misleading statements is acceptable. Just as in Bob's case, other that have misused the term 'restoration' has cheapened the hobby as a whole. I am pretty sure we all know that Bob is truthful when he tells us he has restored his car and has $60k in it, yet because others have stated theirs is restored, it has mislead the public into believing a restored Model-A can be done for less money.
A persons Ego is a terrible thing for other people to have to deal with!

Buyer be ware!

If you were to spend $30,000.00, $60,000.00, or more on restoring a Model A, it still might not give you a “Restored” car given some people’s strict definition. These restored cars are still worth to most buyers only slightly more than what someone might call a good driver.

My idea or your idea of a restored car might not be the same. However, I believe we agree that nothing should be misrepresented.

All that I am trying to say is that for most of the world a restoration of anything is in the view of the restorer.

It is up to the buyer to decide if the level of restoration equals the price being asked.

Everything in life that is restored is not point judged. Buyers are the final decision makers. Enjoy.

Last edited by WHN; 07-12-2018 at 11:59 AM.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote