View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #6
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Speaking of engine swaps....

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Proper Protocol ?????

Years ago, when DMV guys were hired because of their intelligence and common sense, DMV guys knew Model A's had "original" motor numbers which were used for both original registration and original titles.

Former DMV guys also later knew that Model A engines were changed almost like socks, just about every 8,000 - 10,000 miles, just like similar vintage cars, because of not having oil filters, no air filters, and mostly because of loose silica sand being kicked up and sucked into engines all along the many vintage dirt and gravel highways.

My Model A 1930 Coupe was transferred in as late as 1958 by these same types of knowledgeable DMV guys with the "original" motor number even though the current engine and engine number was not original and had already been changed several times over the years.

On final transfer, because of not having the modern VIN number on my Model A, my last Model A title only took 20 years of preparing paper work for one DMV female manager, i.e., a cross-eyed, bucked-tooth, double-bubble butt, knock kneed, near and far sighted, big nose, wrinkled neck, half-bald headed woman with bad breath and a tight fitting pink dress that she outgrew at least 15 years ago.

Even though she was most rude and screaming, I just remained calm and very calmly waited her out.

To make this Model A story short, she either later quit, retired, or was casketed to the other side of the Rainbow .... I never even asked after finding out she was definitely GONE.

But I did meet a compassionate younger very nice lady who gave me a Model A title after this former 20 years of rude, non-caring DMV dictator type misery dealing Mrs. Lucifer; i.e., most probably Lucifer's wife.

Never give up !!!
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote