View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #82
Kube

Default Re: Interest in new restoration project thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
Thanks for posting the start of your new restoration.It will be a great documentation for the owner as well as other interested folks. The time and effort you take to do this is much appreciated. Be sure and take photos of "the small stuff" as that's often taken for granted as stuff folks already know. Will be following you. Love the way you lay the parts out so neatly for photos. I hope you will be able to feature this as part of your book. It would be a wonderful eye-opener. Thanks. Jim
Jim, The book will have zero in regard to restoration processes. My gosh man, it's been years of research to get this far on that (book) project. I can't imagine how much more time would be required to do a restoration phase. That sounds like a different book entirely. For someone else to do.
I do photograph most assemblies "before" and "after". I place them in a photo album side by side in an order leading up to the final end result.
I figure these will be my "coloring books" for when I am able to do little more than look at them and (hopefully) recall them
The horns depicted in the accompanying photos are from a '39 wagon I'd restored. The steering column from a '40 coupe.
If the cars are sold, a hard copy of the album is always included with the sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horns before.jpg (50.3 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg horns after.jpg (70.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg column lock b4.jpg (45.7 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg column lock aft.jpg (33.7 KB, 224 views)