Thread: Hershey chatter
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #37
montanafordman

Default Re: Hershey chatter

I had a great time getting to Hershey for my Second time! The last was in 2017. I'm sure I saw some of you, may have even bought some parts from some of you. I really should log into fordbarn more often and try and make some of those connections - but work and my 18 month old son are keeping me busy! Major Kudos to my wife for playing single mom while I jetted across the country to hang out with my Model A club friends and buy car parts.

One of my most exciting finds happened to be a good deal on a fire chief pedal car for my son. I think he's going to have a blast with it. Someone from my local club Drove to hershey, and while he won't be back until december my son is a little small for it anyway. I'm very appreciative of my fellow club member's willingness to haul it for me, and I"m sure my son will love it.

I also picked up a great deal on a couple Model B carburetors, found a generator band, some original body and generator bolts, some 31 lock cylinders/keys for the door and trunk handles, original dash light bulb cover I was missing, shift lever, KCX-1 wiper motor, and a few other odds and ends I"m probably forgetting about. I have most of what I need to complete my car but found some goodies that apparently I couldn't pass up.

I seemed to notice fewer booths this time than two years ago which seems to mirror what has been going on with our local swap meet. Many involved in our hobby are getting older, and competition with Ebay and other online venues are making an impact - but with that said there seemed to be a lot of people selling model A parts, and many goodies to be had. There may have been empty spaces and missing some major vendors that I hoped to check up on but the sheer size and scope of what you can find at Hershey is still amazing. All in all I had a blast. Now I just need to get busy working on my car to one day get it back on the road again.

-Aaron