View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Timstruck

Default 1936 Ford Pickup Fender/Grille Fitment

I am mocking up the parts on my pickup to check fitment.

I am looking for help with a problem that I have assembling the front end of my project. I purchased used steel fenders and the pickup front fender front braces. When I installed the braces and the fenders, the grille would not fit between them. It was about 3 inches too narrow. I measured my frame thinking that maybe someone had altered it, but it matched the Wescott diagram that is floating around the internet.

The only thing I could think of to make it wider in the front was to unbolt the front fender braces from the frame. This seemed to relieve pressure on both sides and the fenders naturally expanded out to the distance allowing me to install the grille. The problem I now have is there is about and inch and a half space between both left and right braces and the frame. See picture.

Do I have the wrong front braces? Anyone have a measurement? These are hard to measure anyway because of their curvature but perhaps a picture underneath someones truck would help.

By the way, the front braces that I have fit the fenders perfectly. The outer lip bolts in place and the headlights and headlight stands bolt right up nicely. Is there something that bolts in between the brace and the frame to take up that gap?

Really puzzled here. These are not big truck fenders and if I'm not mistaken, big truck braces are larger and wouldn't fit my fenders...thanks.

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2442b.jpg (69.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2447b.jpg (67.7 KB, 99 views)
Timstruck is offline   Reply With Quote