View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 11:59 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: 2 bolt crab on a 21 stud question

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
You also have the option to stay with the original, to that 21 stud engine, three bolt cam gear cover, and go with the spacer that bolts to the three bolt cover, and accepts a two bolt distributor. When going this way you could initially go with the two bolt crab style distributor, but quickly change back to a three bolt style distributor if you ever wanted to go back to your original distributor. This is the option I prefer to use on my '35, 21 stud engine so I can run my two bolt Harmon Collins distributor with the 3 to 2 bolt adapter, or quickly switch back to the stock 3 bolt distributor, if/when I ever care to do so, without the need to change the timing gear cover. Its mostly about flexibility for me on long distance touring.

Here's a picture of the late, great Dick Spadaro's reproduction offering of a three bolt to two bolt adapter for mounting a crab style two bolt distributor on an original three bolt timing gear cover used from '32 to '41.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-002S.JPG (35.9 KB, 73 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 02-02-2020 at 11:25 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote